Sunday, August 24, 2008

Welcome Home Sissy Feather!!!!!

I am sure that everyone knows this, but just in case, we will lay it all out there! We were so very happy for Heather to have such a wounderful experience in Switzerland with the Cook's! They are a FABULOUS family!!!!!! My kids and I were definatley sad to see her gone for the whole summer. To say we have a slight attachment to her is an understatement! Other than no blood relation, she is so very much part of our family!!!!!!!! It was the hardest on Lexi!!!!! She loves to share, but this was a tough one for her!!!! She had many sad moments this summer where she would just express how much she wanted to be with "sissy"! Of course I never told Heather that while she was gone, just expressed our love for her! Lexi is going through a very HUGE growth time in her life, and wanted her so much!! Ever since she was due home (oh my Gosh the delay was torcher on Lexi)< Lexi has slowly but surely made sure she has re- attached herself to "HER SISSY" ! That is what she calls her, for several years now! I had to keep reminding her that sissy was with the Cook's who are fantastic for her. She new that, but didn't quite understand!
The kids have all grown so much over the summer, and changed as well! I certainly hope that Heather knows ( I am sure that she does) how much we all love her! She has grown into a Beautiful young lady! I love listening to the tone in her voice when she talks about her friends and the Cook's in Switzerland! Especially Yan!!! Oh My! Chris has taken to picking on her, but it is all in love! He feels it is his duty! She needed that trip so much and we hope she can come to feel as much love here! Long winded as this is, we just want to say that we are happy you are back! We wish we could have you here with us, and have all your special friends, and the cook's here too!

1 comment:

Hanson's Haven said...

I can't even begin to tell you how much this touched me. All you have ever given me is love-and that's all I've needed at times. You've given me a sister, and the best one I could EVER have. And now I'll have TWO!! :D My dream come true!! lol

I'm glad that I can be here for Lexi now as she begins to grow into her new life and such an exciting time!! I wish I could've been in two places at once so that she knew that I could still be there for her this summer. You'll always be my Sissy Lex. Always. My heart is too big to not share with those that I love, but you will ALWAYS have an extremely special part and piece of it Lex. I love you so much!!

Thank you, for everything. For sharing your family and for supporting me this summer! I DID need it, and I'm glad I had the opportunity to go. I owe SOOO much to the Cook's.

And Chris... hahaha you know I love the teasing ;) it's just another reason to talk about him and smile :D hahaha thanks!